Concom Minutes - 2 November 2008 Nov 4, 2008

Signups open tomorrow!  Remember, remember the 5th of November…

Read on for more details from this past Sunday's Intercon Concom meeting.

Concom Minutes
2 November 2008

  • Hotel Liason
    • Is not here, no report.
  • Bid Chair
    • We have lots of games and little space left.
    • Intercon Zi
      • Bid came in after 1st deadline (although Julia had plugged it much earlier than that)
      • Space/timing is a big issue, most things are already full
      • Anna is negotiating with Janet, we will try to do the best we can
    • We have an unprecedentedly full schedule.  Should we close bids?
      • We essentially only want games for Saturday at this point, and don't have a lot of space left
      • Anna is going to give Barry new static text for the bid page explaining the current situation
    • Anna gave Barry UI feedback about bid and scheduling pages
  • Information
    • Tim is going to send out another round of advertising tonight
    • Schedule is now open for viewing
    • Tim no longer lives in New Hampshire and is tired of receiving Sununu-related phone calls
    • Send out the IMA economic incentive package
      • We are going to get the Benjamins from Gordon :-D
  • Con Suite
    • Followup: Con Suite track is now on schedule
      • Con Suite thinks it is good!
    • Followup: Did call for volunteers go out?
      • Not yet
      • Renee is going to get Teem a blurb begging for assistance
    • Followup: Is con suite email address now going to both Kerri and Renee?
      • Yes!
    • There will be matzo ball soup on the menu
      • (Anna: "Will they be sinkers or floaters?"  Kerri: "They're gonna be dense.")
    • Barry's Costco membership could be useful on Thursday night before the con
  • GM Coordinator
    • GMs are surprisingly uncomplainy
      • (Anna: "give it time...")
    • Furniture requests: not yet
      • Josh will email Alex to find out when
    • Josh to remind GMs to make sure they're all signed up before games open
  • Treasurer
    • One outstanding refund to issue - Thorin Tabor is now comped for Elanthia
    • I balance: $3274.98
    • NEIL balance: $5460.60
    • State paperwork going out soon
  • Ops
    • Followup: Andrew's schedule of events in-convention?
      • Coordinating with con-suite, schedule is in progress
      • Won't really have the schedule until we can see who signs up for Ops when
    • Followup: Minion?
      • Still need one of thems
      • Sheena will ask around
      • Anna's friend Heather may want to volunteer for either Ops or Con Suite
    • Andrew is going to order the pencils
  • Pubs / Art
    • Not here, no report
    • There is a new flyer
  • Registrar
    • Followup: how was your honeymoon with the treasurer?
      • Excellent, we threw lots of stuff overboard.
    • Small alarm: we are at 165 registered attendees, which is low for where we should be right before game signup
      • This is not at the level of IMA, but we are a little bit low compared to previous years
      • Projection: possibly 180-220 people con depending on which trends we follow this year
  • Vendor
    • Not here, sent a report: Nothing exciting to report, a few new people have contacted me and I have sent out information.
  • Web
    • Thursday Thing prototype on production site
    • Con Suite track is now up and running
    • GM list now allows GMs to specify which email to contact
    • Debug track information showing for schedulers
    • People should try to sign up for stuff on intercon-dev.com
    • Followup: Hosting will renew in November - Tim will need to submit an expense report
    • Followup:
      • Vendors page - did Jen and Barry talk?
        • No
  • Con chair
    • Followup: Pencils refill
      • Nat sent Andrew the details on how to order them
    • Charlie Sumner's Intercon archives - Chad, would you be willing to take these?
      • Yes - Chad will contact Charlie
    • Need to ask Sam H. about taking Terilee's stuff up to Intercon.  Will talk to him at IMA.
    • Arisia
      • I have reserved a party room
        • Anna will check to make sure everything is kosher
      • Anna will get us a fan table
      • Andrew will try to get us business cards - VistaPrint keeps rejecting them
    • Official decision about photographers
      • Only by prior arrangement with the con
      • And they must pay for a membership
      • And they can't film in any games, period - public areas are OK, but not in any event rooms
    • GNEGA meeting next weekend - can we go?
      • Maybe Andrew can, we will coordinate offline
  • Thursday Thing
    • Followup: Schedule progress
      • No events yet
    • Followup: Leak it to Facebook/LJ
      • Well, we sort of did that.  Should do it more officially.
    • Sheena has bronchitis and is also producing King Lear.
    • We should have flyers
      • Anna will make a flyer, Josh will send her email
    • IMA meeting
      • We're going to do it guerrilla style (because that is how we roll)
    • Iron GM status?
      • Registration numbers present a concern for IGM players
      • Sheena and Anna are going to take shifts during the writing period
      • Josh will plug IGM at IMA
      • Rules feedback
        • Ping Kirt and Zorowitz
      • Announcements?
        • Teem will announce tonight
        • Nat will put something on the front page about the contest
      • Comps for GMs?
        • NEIL board consensus is that games should get 2 comps each (possibly non-transferable, though)
        • Chad will have to do this manually as the registrar
  • Schedule
    • Next meeting: 11/30, 2pm, Brandeis
  • One more thing...
    • Happy birthday to Barry!